Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Summer

As of late I have really been craving the summer. Its funny because just 2-3 months ago I was craving Christmas. I think the underlying theme here is that I crave home. When I was leaving California to start my freshmen year at BYU I was soo excited to get away and start a new life, not have a curfew or rules. Don't get me wrong I still do appreciate that but there is something about being home that is just great, maybe it is the stress free life, or free food, or lack of roommates I do not like, or sleeping in my own room in a big bed, or the continual sunshine that California is so great for, probably the combination of them all. But I keep dreaming of the sun flowing, wearing some shorts and flip flops not caring about a thing in the world.
One of my favorite things about the summer is waking up in the morning and hearing the birds chirp. It is so great. I didn't get to go to the beach last summer, which I kind of regret, as I look at my extremely pasty skin, but what ever. I miss laying in the hammock in the backyard falling asleep with a book in my hand.

I miss flowers in bloom. Sad to admit, but I miss my dads farm in our backyard and front yard. I miss not having a care in the world.


Summer....come quickly please

No comments:

Post a Comment