Monday, August 29, 2011

D.C Thursday and Friday


Well we come to the end of my wonderful vacation!! Thursday was our last FULL day so we basically just hit up some of the sights we missed. We first went to Georgetown University and got us some college apparel, as long as its not Red I can wear it to school. ;) It was very interesting there, it was a very old college, my dad kept making Hogwarts jokes since it did look like a castle and such.

Then we just hung around the town and went to some of the stores we thought we might want to get some things. Then we went to the Bureau of Engravings, where they make money, but just the dollars- the coins they make somewhere else. I didn't realize it takes several days to actually make the money and how many steps and big huge machines there are. Here Mac was wishing he could steel this:
That was pretty much the end of Thursday for us.

Friday we decided there wasn't much for us to do so we packed up and then decided to go to the airport since we had to check out at noon. But my mom didn't want to hang around the airport for four hours so we went to Georgetown Cupcake- since we noticed there was never really a line around noonish. It was really good. I got a Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip that was to die for. They weren't too expensive either. So if you are ever in Georgetown between noon and one- I highly suggest going there.

Then we ended up driving around the Pentagon to kill some more time, and then alas we were off to the airport.

The airport was huge and it took us about 30 minutes just to get to our wing.....CRAZY and we ate at potbelly sandwiches- rather delicious if I do say so myself.

Anyways it was a really fun trip and I am glad that we got to go. I think Spring or Fall would be the ideal time to go because it probably is not as HOT and HUMID- makes me grateful for 89 degree weather with like 2% humidity.

Ugh back to school- wish me luck..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment