Monday, August 1, 2011

Arizona



So yesterday I went to Arizona for my dearest friend Colby's (now Elder Kipp) missionary farewell. We left Saturday at 6 and returned home Sunday at midnight. It was quite the fast trip! Anyways it was so great to reconnect with some great friends. I rode up with Bond, Caleb, and Philip. I forgot how much I freaking love these boys. We seriously had some great discussions, and just felt I got to get to know them on a much deeper level. We arrived at the Kipp residence around midnight and spent a few hours chatting with his AMAZING family. They are seriously some of the greatest people I have EVER met. The next morning we went to church and listened to Colby's talk that brought me to tears and attended his dad's Sunday school class, he teaches 16-18 year olds. Obviously we were the cool kids! Afterwards we went back to his house and spent time with him and his family and ate super delicious food. I also straightened Philip's Jew Mullett. He has the cutest cousins. After spending time together and catching up on the latest gossip, Colby got set apart. The second we sat down, I started bawling. When all those that held the Melchizedek Priesthood stood up and my friends were standing in the circle in front of me, I got this amazing feeling that made me so grateful to be a member of a church, where you don't have to go to school and get a degree to ordain someone to an office. I was also grateful that I have friends who are worthy to hold the priesthood.
We left soon after that and it was so sad to go, but grateful that Colby is going to be serving the Lord for 2 years. I think the car ride home was one of the best parts of the trip, Philip didn't go home with us so it was just Bond, Caleb, myself and Colby's friend Coral. We had great laughs and deep spiritual conversations. It got great once Caleb drank an energy drink and showed us his bieber fever. Boy do I miss hanging out with these kids. Even though our journey only lasted a mere 30 hours, it was a 30 hours I will NEVER forget!!

P.S Arizona is soo effing hott, I WILL NEVER EVER live there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment